When it comes to company building, core questions to be answered are:
- how do you want to set up team structures
- how do you want your emplyoees to find their direction and
- how you want to incentive them.
During my research for impulses to these questions, I found progression.fyi a valubale source of inspiration to different, yet transparent apporoaches.
At my-vpa we want to offer a transparent approach to career building
Most notably, all represented companies offer an open-approach to your career path. I find that a smart move to show potential new colleagues their way through the companies „hierarchy“ even before they actually start.
For us I can imagine a kind of career matrix:
- X-Axis representing the level of cooperation-ability, say „how much influence / repsonibility“ do you have in the company
- Y-Axis representing your technical skills and levels for each skill
So this approach mainly values the contributions each collegaue adds to the company, being it as a simple contributor, but highly skilled, or being it at managing an integrated team, but on another technical skill level.
Meaning: a collegau ebeing pisitoined in square C3 adds a similar value to the company as a collegaue in square A3 and thus is being compensated in the same way.
„Technicial“ in this context can mean all disciplines, being it marekting, HR, finance or sales.
This is still work in progress and not yet implemented at my-vpa.